Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Zoo: Illustration Friday

Whenever I visited the zoo as a girl I would always find a new animal to fall in love with. I would then go weeks daydreaming about making that animal my domesticated pet. I was convinced I would be the coolest girl on the block if I had a giraffe or elephant in my backyard. I'm sure even now that I would have been a big hit with all the kids, but am unsure about the other homeowners! :) A zoo animal as a domesticated pet is (and should be) only a good idea to a child with an active imagination.  The reality was I had nothing but an endless supply of failed attempts at getting a pony, I would have better luck aiming for getting a kitten!! What can I say?  I always had lofty aspirations...


Color Pencil in a Moleskine Sketchbook

3 comments:

P.L. Frederick said...

Ah, another giraffe admirer! If we can't have lofty ambitions, what's the point?

Cute concept, story, and giraffe.

P.L. Frederick
SMALL & big

Dawn-Enigma Artist said...

Hey, I still want a giraffe for a pet! I collect the non eating kind...

Nice drawing!

Kstyles said...

Great illo!