Thursday, November 1, 2007

Perfume Girl

Last night & this morning I finished up & unveiled a new Platinum Blonde Life Blog header

here is my original sketch:


micron pens & color pencil in a moleskine sketchbook

here is what the final header looks like:


I really wanted to stay true to my old header which was also hand drawn, but wanted to give the blog a fall/winter makeover while avoiding doing something too seasonal. This one is more appropriate for all of those upcoming holiday parties we all will be attending (i mean it is a fashion blog after all!) My last girl was a little too Summer or California. I also wanted to play around with hand drawn typography. I really admire people who incorporate hand drawn typography into their work (Michael Perry's book HandJob: A Catalog of Type is a new favorite of mine!) and I have been experimenting with that as you may have noticed. In case you're curious, this is what the old header looked like:

1 comment:

cassandra russell said...

Cool to see someone else with all the same loves: photography, art and beagles etc.!