Saturday, September 29, 2007

Inspire Me Thursday: Intimacy


micron pens in moleskine sketchbook

inspire me thursday


i think could listen to kate nash's the nicest thing over & over for the rest of my life. every time i hear it i almost cry. this just sums up my experiences with men boys:

"i wish i was your favorite girl,i wish you thought i was the reason you are in the world.i wish i was your favorite smile, i wish the way that i dressed was your favorite kind of style. i wish you couldn't figure me out, but you always wanna know what i was about. i wish you'd hold my hand when i was upset, i wish you'd never forget the look on my face when we first met. i wish you had a favorite beauty spot that you loved secretly,'cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see. basically, i wish that you loved me, i wish that you needed me,i wish that you knew when i said two sugars, actually i meant three. i wish that without me your heart would break, i wish that without me you'd be spending the rest of your nights awake. i wish that without me you couldn't eat, i wish i was the last thing on your mind before you went to sleep. all i know is that you're the nicest thing I've ever seen; i wish that we could see if we could be something"


-"the nicest thing", kate nash

10 comments:

Jodi said...

This is so very intimate, indeed.

Thank you for coming by visit. :)

Patricia J. Mosca said...

Very intimate..very real...very raw..very exposed...we all know this feeling!

Julia said...

Very intimate and the drawing and the words are so touching !

megan said...

oh, yes...another view of intimacy.
it's good to have a familiar place like this inside, so when you need/want to catch your breath, it feels more like home than exile.

coconutannies said...

Sad to say, I know this feeling intimately also! But it is wonderful when, out of despair, we can make ART as you have so cleverly done here!

tumblewords said...

Ah, how touching and with a nice sketch, too!

just me - titration said...

Woh. I think you captured that intimate sad moment in music and drawing in a way others can feel too.

navylane said...

oh, how this touched my heart. i too have been that girl, collapsed on the floor, paralyzed with a broken heart over some silly boy. sigh.

Anne said...

This is a lovely sketch.

Krissie said...

been there, and this resonated with me as memories of those broken relationships flooded back!